CATHERINE BELL ONLINE - CBO

Forum francophone sur Catherine Bell

AccueilAccueil  GalerieGalerie  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  ConnexionConnexion  

Partagez | 

‘Army Wives’ star chats about her life in Charleston

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Corinne
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Féminin Nombre de messages : 4493

MessageSujet: ‘Army Wives’ star chats about her life in Charleston   Mar 2 Nov - 10:28

‘Army Wives’ star chats about her life in Charleston and being a mom

Catherine Bell is on top of the world, with her hit show “Army Wives” having been renewed for a fifth season, and a newborn son in her arms. Life is good.

She has enjoyed her short hiatus from work being a full-time mom to daughter Gemma, 7, and Ronan, who was born in Charleston on Aug. 21. This month, she’s filming a TV movie before stepping back into the shoes of character Denise Sherwood on “Army Wives” when production resumes.

Bell and screenwriter husband Adam Beason decided to call Charleston home when she landed the role on “Army Wives,” which is filmed locally and airs on Lifetime Television.

“It’s beautiful here,” she says. “It’s just really, really gorgeous and there’s no place like it on the planet – the water and the marsh and the docks. There’s a very definite Charleston feel and vibe and I think the people, too, have just been so nice. The Southern hospitality and incredible manners – you get to know your neighbors. Coming from LA, I’m not used to it. But I’m enjoying it very, very much.”

She’s a tomboy and rides motorcycles (when she’s not pregnant). And the thrill seeker and her family love living near the ocean.

“We love being out on the water and wakeboarding and Jetskiing.”

Bell says the cast and crew of “Army Wives” are very close. She and co-star Wendy Davis, who plays Lt. Colonel Joan Burton, are the only two cast members who live here full time.

“We hang out, go to each other’s homes, go out to dinner. It’s a great group of people,

a really great cast and crew and they couldn’t be nicer. It’s such a great show and we have the opportunity to tell some really great stories.”

Growing up

Bell was born in London. Her dad is English, and her mom is Iranian. She is fluent in Farsi, the most widely spoken Persian language.

“I spent a lot of time with my grandparents and my mom’s brothers and family in LA growing up, and we just spoke it in our house. I think most people in this day and age end up not speaking it with their kids, and I’m just so glad they did.

“My grandmother never learned to speak English, even after living here for 30 years. She just always spoke Persian (Farsi), which is great because I got to learn it growing up and pretty much learned [both English and Farsi] at the same time.”

She says knowing a different language helps her learn other languages faster as well.

“And my daughter is learning it because my parents moved here from LA and they speak it with her.”

Bell has been acting for 20 years. She started modeling first then began doing commercials. She says she was shy and got into acting by accident when she took an acting class and found she enjoyed it; her career grew from there.

“I thought it was a way for me to express myself, and really, modeling just wasn’t doing it for me anymore. It’s a very short-lived experience in a person’s life and pretty shallow. I was just like ‘this isn’t for me.’”

She says her second pregnancy was different from when she was pregnant with Gemma. She felt more tired, had morning sickness and felt achy “… stuff I didn’t feel at all when I was pregnant with Gemma. I was 34 when I had her. It still overall [was] a fairly easy pregnancy.”

When she and Adam told Gemma she was going to have a little brother it was a bit of a shock at first.

“She really wanted a sister, but I think that lasted all of 20 minutes and then she got over it and [became] really excited … [Now] she is the best big sister! So sweet and loving and protective of him. She’s also very helpful. I think she loves the way he looks at her.”

She had to have a cesarean section when Gemma was born, so she had a planned cesarean with Ronan.

“The countdown – knowing the exact date and time – was amazing. Felt like forever though. I was so ready to meet him.”

Ronan Bell was born at 8:29 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 21, in Charleston and weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.

“He’s amazing. He’s very sweet and easygoing,” she says. “I can already tell he’s going to be a laid back and “go with the flow” kind of guy. His favorite thing to do is hang out in our arms and calmly look around at everything – sometimes for an hour (if he’s just fed and napped of course!). He sleeps great – four- to five-hour stretches at night!”

Upcoming projects

Bell loves that her husband is a screenwriter because it keeps the family together.

“He can work from anywhere, and we generally stay together that way, which makes it nice.”

Beason and his writing partner wrote a screenplay (currently called “Close Quarters”) in which Bell is going to star as a female action hero. She says the character is “kind of a female ‘Bourne Identity’ chick.”

It all started as a one-paragraph idea, and Lifetime liked it, so they’ve been developing the script. They’ve have been working on the project for two years. It’s being produced by Gail Ann Hurd (“Terminator,” “The Incredible Hulk,” “Aliens” and “The Abyss”).

“I’m really, really excited,” Bell says.

On charity

Although Bell is extremely busy, she still makes time to “give back” and remains actively involved in charities such as Criminon, a nonprofit organization that researches the causes of criminality and develops programs to rehabilitate criminals, and Youth for Human Rights, which inspires young people to become advocates for tolerance and peace.

“I think things that are important you somehow squeeze them in. I don’t always have time for every charity and there are certain events I wish I could do, but I just do what I can.”

For more information about Catherine Bell visit www.catherinebellonline.com

By Shannon Brigham
Monday, November 1, 2010

http://www.lowcountryparent.com/news/2010/nov/01/charleston-bell-army-wives-star-chats-about-her-li/
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://jagarmy.forumdefan.com/portal.htm
cam
Invité(e) chez Catherine
Invité(e) chez Catherine

Féminin Nombre de messages : 1838

MessageSujet: Re: ‘Army Wives’ star chats about her life in Charleston   Mer 17 Nov - 2:32

Merci beaucoup Corinne !!! Very Happy
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

‘Army Wives’ star chats about her life in Charleston
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1